20 Prayers to cancel bad dreams and Nightmares
Exercising unshakeable faith in the mightiness of our God through warfare prayer is one of the most potent weapons a believer has against spiritual battles like nightmares and bad dreams. The starting point is a consistent seeking for God’s presence, steering clear from sin, leading a holy life, filling your heart with His Word, and making your faith strong in the Lord.
A believer well-grounded in faith have no reasons to cringe due to nightmares or bad dreams, simply because Christ has paid the ultimate price for your victory and dominion.
Scriptures say in the book Proverbs chapter 3 vs 24 to 26
“When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: Yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden fear, Neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.”
This is not to say, you should ignore those nightmares and bad dreams and do nothing about them, but rather, you’re not to fear but to be in charge of the situation by engaging in warfare prayer to counter-attack every plan of darkness communicated to your through nightmares.
To help you pray better as you wage war against those unseen forces, here are 20 Prayer points to counter bad dreams and nightmares as a believer. Make them more efficacious by a strong backing with the infallible word of God in the scriptures.
Prayers against Nightmare and bad dreams
1. Lord Jesus, I come before your throne knowing fully well that you are the Almighty God that is mightier and more powerful than any form of evil, you’ve been faithfully protecting me from all the fiery darts of the enemies and I am grateful. Lord, I lift up my heart to You this moment to issue a decree against every evil machination that may be plotted against me in the world of darkness.
2. In the name of Jesus, I come to rebuke and cancel every scheme, plot, or plan of the enemy of my soul seeking to harm, manipulate, or morph me into any form of deception. i stand solidly on your word in the book of Isaiah 54:17 that strongly, “no weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in judgment, I shall condemn.” I appropriate this promise right now and therefore declare that demonic plots over my life and family will not succeed in Jesus powerful name, Amen.
3. Father in Jesus name, Lord I asked this moment that you bring to bear every hidden works of darkness over my life Jesus name. I stand solidly on Your word in Psalm 139:12 that even the darkness is not dark to You; the night is bright as the day. Therefore, Lord I plea that You unearth all traps, snares, or devices that may have been set against my soul in Jesus’ name.
4. I pray for discernment and wisdom to recognize any form of manipulation or deceit. Grant me a discerning spirit to see beyond the surface and to stand firm against every evil intention.
5. I cover myself and my loved ones with the precious blood of Jesus. Your blood is our protection, and it speaks a better word than any accusation or curse. Let it shield us from all harm and evil.
6. The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, as established in Your word to put on the Whole Armour of God in Ephesians 6:10-18, I therefore stand firm against the enemy’s schemes by the decree heaven today.
7. I come before You in the name of Jesus, seeking Your divine protection and deliverance from the grip of evil imaginations that seek to invade my mind. Your Word assures me that I have the authority to overcome every form of darkness through the power of Christ.
8. I declare that my mind is a sacred place, a dwelling for Your Holy Spirit. I renounce any agreement with the enemy’s schemes to torment me with harmful thoughts. Your Word says in 2 Corinthians 10:5 that I have the ability to cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
9. I take hold of this promise now. I reject and cancel any negative and wicked imaginations that try to take root in my mind. I declare that my thoughts are aligned with Your truth, love, and purity. I resist the enemy’s attempts to derail me from Your purpose for my life.
10. Fill my mind with thoughts that are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, and of good report, as Your Word commands in Philippians 4:8. I choose to meditate on Your promises and the beauty of Your presence.
11. By the authority vested in me through Jesus Christ, I rebuke and command every evil imagination to flee from my mind. I break any stronghold that the enemy has attempted to establish. I plead the blood of Jesus over my mind, sealing it against all demonic attacks.
12. Lord, I invite Your Holy Spirit to guard my thoughts and guide me into a deeper understanding of Your truth. Help me to focus on You, to fill my mind with Your Word, and to walk in the victory that You have already secured for me.
13. Lord Jesus, I stand before your merciful throne today asking for Your divine protection over my mind and thoughts, every spring of evil thought and mindset that is causing me incessant nightmare, dry off in Jesus’ name, Amen.
14. By the power in the infallible name of Jesus, I can and destroy every negative dream that has been troubling my sleep, in Jesus’ name.
15. God of heaven, I come before you today to renounce all evil projections and altars encroaching into my dreams, I pray they be shattered by Your mighty hand in Jesus’ name.
16. Father in the name of Jesus, I cover myself and family with the precious blood of Jesus. I seal my mind, the imaginations of my heart, and dreams from every negative influence. Amen.
17. Mighty Redeemer, I pray today that you cleanse my subconscious mind from every form of ungodly images or thoughts that may be causing me to suffer nightmares in Jesus’ name.
18. In the name of Jesus, every curse or demonic strongholds that is manifesting through my dreams be thwarted today in Jesus name.
19. Lord Jesus, I heartily pray that you fill my dreams while I sleep with Your light, love, and peace, dispelling all forms of darkness or fear. Amen.
20. I declare in the name of Jesus, that bind every spirit of fear, anxiety, and torment that tries to infiltrate my dreams be binded and cast out of my life and according to your will for my life, form tonight my dreams will be a channel of divine communication and revelation from the almighty God.